10 Fantastic Home Staging Tips and Ideas
10 Tips to Home Staging
A listing of 10 easy tips for staging your home for formal events, celebrations, special occasions, selling, and more.
1. Clutter - The first and most important tip to follow is removing the clutter in your home. Items left in view should be placed elsewhere allowing for a more minimalist approach. The general rule of thumb is for every one thing that is brought in, two things must be removed.
2. Light - Brighten areas of your home with light. 100 watts of light for every 50 square feet should be the rule of thumb. Try to ensure there are three types of lighting in every room. Ambient style, task, and accent.
3. Multi Purpose - Make rooms multi purposed. If you have a junk room that tends to accumulate your excess, bring in new furniture pieces and some new paint. Turn a junk room into a craft center or a basement into a yoga studio.
4. Hang Pictures - Wall hangings should be varied in style and pattern groupings. This technique will help to show off your space more. Abandon the idea behind an invisible highline that all pictures and art need to hang on.
5. Add Nature - Bring the outdoors inside by selecting greenery and live plants for your spaces. These work well in rooms with neutral tones. Use fresh cut flowers to accent in vases or green plants.
6. Group in Three's - Group everything in threes. Odd numbers are preferred when grouping accessories. Keep similar color, shapes, or textures together.
7. Update Kitchen - For kitchen areas, if you are unable to afford new cabinets no worries. Get new doors and hardware for your drawers to change style. Paint the room to match the new faces and new hardware.
8. Paint the Walls - Add a pop of color to your room by painting a room in a neutral color tone and update dated places. Colors such as warm tans, honeys, and soft blue and greens can offer a new appeal to a space. Paint adjacent rooms the same color in order to make the space look bigger. Powder rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms should be in deeper tones to make the spaces warm and inviting.
9. Consider Layout - Keep the layout in mind. Floating furniture from walls can make a room more open and seem bigger. Position items into cozy conversational areas paying attention to how the traffic flow of the room will go.
10. Minimize - Clean your space up by removing clutter and minimizing furniture and accessories left around.
Incorporate these following accessories into your home staging plan to lift the space up.
In main living areas, add mirrors, plants, silk flowers, and a floor or table lamp to your space. This is also good for entrance areas and small rooms.
For bigger rooms, use area and throw rugs along with small love seats and ottomans to create an intimate area. Lay about a throw or two, pillows, and baskets.
For bathroom areas, have candles, scented soaps, glass fruit, and towels tied with ribbon laid about for your guests and while staging.
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More
Not all tenants are alike; some of them are good, others are from hell. That’s why one should know the right way to deal with bad tenants. They can be troublesome in the sense that they can damage... More