11 Do It Yourself Pest Control and Extermination Tips
DIY Pest Control and Extermination
Every homeowner understands the frustration and agitation associated with having pests infest your home. Finding ways to preform your own pest control and extermination will mean you can take action now. Here are some amazing statistics about these pesky pests.
• A bed bug can lay 500 eggs within their lifetime and ingest 7 times their weight in blood.
• Two dangerous scorpion species live in the Southwestern US.
• An average cock roach lifespan is 200 days to 1 year and can lay approximately 380 eggs.
• A .5 cm wide hole is all a cock roach needs to enter your home.
• Bed bugs only need an opening the size of a mattress stitch to get in.
• A typical any colony has 10,000+ ants, while others may have as much as 700,000.
9 Ways to Protect Your Home
To protect your home and help prevent the potential or continued infestation of your home, follow these tips.
1. Seal Exterior Walls and Cracks – Even small cracks can make way for pests to get through.
2. Fix Loose-Fitting Windows and Doors – Loose fittings can create access points for pests to enter.
3. Seal Gaps Around Plumbing – Scorpions can enter houses through plumbing gaps.
4. Keep Leaves and Yard Debris Away from Home – Debris around the home can attract roaches, scorpions, ants, and other pests.
5. Wash Clothing in Hot Water after Hotel Stays – Bed bugs are often transferred from hotels to homes via clothes.
6. Steam Clean the Mattress – Steam cleaning your mattress will kill bed bugs.
7. Keep Your Home Clean – Put food away, wash dishes, and take out trash. Pests like roaches are attracted to food.
8. Clean around Walls and Cracks with Detergent – Cleaning smells can deter ants from entering the home.
9. Maintain Regular Scheduled Pest Control Visits – End existing infestation and help prevent future pest problems by calling the professionals.
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More
Not all tenants are alike; some of them are good, others are from hell. That’s why one should know the right way to deal with bad tenants. They can be troublesome in the sense that they can damage... More
Landlord Tips and Tricks for 2013 Landlord Tip #1 Your going to want to plan ahead for a rainy day when you have unexpected expenses that arise. Take the time to obtain a line of credit when cash flow... More