13 Home Essentials for Senior Citizens
Making a Safe Home for Seniors
Statistics show that majority of seniors prefer to live at home for as long as possible or remain in their local community for as long as possible. Knowing this, here is a list of how you can make a seniors home safer for them to live in.
1. Add railings in areas where it is difficult to navigate.
2. Remove as much furniture as possible,
3. Widen pathways throughout the home.
4. Keep pathways clearly marked.
5. Replace all door knobs with levers.
6. Block off or modify stairways.
7. Remove rugs and other tripping hazards.
8. Keep all amenities on a single level.
9. Install grab handles.
10. Add a shower chair or bath bench.
11. Install an emergency alert cord in tub.
12. Place non-skid mats on the floor of a shower or tub.
13. Install a handrail for help getting in and out of bed.
14. Ensure lighting can be turned off and on from the bed.
15. Use automatic night lights.
16. Keep the exit route and path to the bedroom clear.
17. Store a fire extinguisher in an accessible location.
18. Place nonskid mats on the tile floor of the kitchen.
19. Cover all sharp corners with padding.
20. Put all items on low shelves.
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More
Not all tenants are alike; some of them are good, others are from hell. That’s why one should know the right way to deal with bad tenants. They can be troublesome in the sense that they can damage... More