6 Vital Home Maintenance Tips
6 Important Tips for Homeowners
If you want to save yourself the high costs in the long run, follow these six simple tips to avoiding big bills, while keeping your home maintained.
1. Hire a Home Inspector – Getting your home inspected can help to ensure your plumbing and electrical is up to par and meets standards. These inspectors can also check out your roof, water heater, and other important items for early signs of repair.
2. Invest in Insulation – Insulation is not only there to fill in the gaps of your walls, but also helps to maintain the temperature of your home while keeping your heating and cooling bills under control. Make sure your home is sealed and any air exchange is not causing health problems or lost heat.
3. Look for Energy Theft – Keep an eye out for power suckers throughout your home. Electronics and chargers when plugged in continue to zap power. However, if you plug these onto a power strip, you can disconnect that power by simply turning the strip off.
4. Maintain Appliances – Take a look at your refrigerator coils and filers. Allowing items such as this to gain dirt can place more wear and tear on your appliance. It can also place a burden on its ability to run efficiently.
5. Control Humidity – Making sure the humidity in your home is not too high or too low can help maintain allergens and the spreading of bacteria in your home. It is recommended that your home maintains 30-50% humidity. Newer thermostats help to regulate the humidity in your home year long.
6. Pay attention to the cleanliness of your home and the amount of dust and dirt you allow to accumulate. This can harm finishes, blinds, countertops, floors, and more. The outside of your home should be inspected regularly to ensure downsprouts and gutters do not get clogged.
When it comes to being a landlord, one should know that it is not for the unprepared individual. This should be clear that being a landlord does not simply mean that you will be taking the rent and... More
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More