9 Reasons to Add a Green Roof to Your Rental
9 Benefits for Having a Green Roof
An outline of nine benefits to owning a green roof.
1. Absorbing Rainwater – A rooftop green space can absorb up to 80% of rainwater and reduce flooding especially in overflowing gutters.
2. Extended Roof Life – Green roof material can double and sometimes triple the lifespan of roofing material as it normally grows brittle and cracks from exposure to extensive sunlight.
3. Absorbs Sunlight – Green roofs are able to absorb sunlight. As a result, the interior can remain cooler by 6-8 degrees and lower utility bills.
4. Decrease Outside Noises – Roofs with greenery can act as a sound barrier to exterior noises and reduce up to 8 decibels more than a traditional roof.
5. Keep Temperatures Down – These roofs are environmentally friendly by helping to counteract the urban heat island effect where city buildings capture sunlight, resulting in increasing heat of the area.
6. Increases Efficiency – When combine with solar panels, green roofs are able to increase efficiency and absorption of heat making the panels more effective.
7. Improves Air Quality – Air quality is improved by cleaning pollutants in the air and reducing the quantity of hazardous waste we breathe in.
8. Feeds Pets – Maintenance of a green roof is easy as you can hire someone to maintain it or have guinea pigs and chickens on your roof top.
9. Resists Fire – Plants retain water and therefore your roof acts as a natural form of fire resistance.
When it comes to being a landlord, one should know that it is not for the unprepared individual. This should be clear that being a landlord does not simply mean that you will be taking the rent and... More
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More