Benefits of Plantation Shutters and Types of Plantation Shutters
The 3 Main Benefits of Using Plantation Shutters
The word plantation shutter may have you thinking about traditional colonial style homes in the South made with white siding and green window shutters on the outside. However, there are more to plantation shutters than just ruminating over 19th century design. Here is a look at the 3 main benefits of using plantation shutters with your home.
1. Increased Curb Appeal
Plantation shutters have a way of offering a clean, uniform look to passersby. These shutters also increase your homes curb appeal with a more sophisticated and timeless choice of window coverings. As a result, the resale value of your home can increase when sold with the home itself.
2. Improved Comfort and Control
Shutters can offer a wide variety of improved comfort and control benefits. Here is a look at four primary advantages of plantation shutters.
• Light – adjustable louvers let you control the light with a 98% overall blackout rate.
• Temperature – Open in winter for added warmth and close in the summer to keep cool.
• Insulation – Shutters provide an added barrier against the outdoors and minimize draft when used with single pane windows.
• Privacy – Open during day to enjoy the view, close at night to increase privacy, and select half or full shutter options for individual rooms.
3. Quality Materials
A listing of three quality material options to choose from with plantation shutters.
• Polywood – This material will not crack, chip, or warp and is moisture resistant making it a good choice for bathrooms. It is 70% more efficient than standard shutters and 1,600% more efficient than aluminum mini blinds.
• Ovation – The world’s only 5 star shutter and is handmade from basswood, a furniture grade hardwood. It comes in 39 different color options and can be customized by painting or staining to match your décor.
• Monte Bello – A more budget friendly option and long lasting, made from recyclable wood substitute. This material is impervious to moisture, fire, and termites. It is also easy to maintain making your cleaning job easier.
When it comes to being a landlord, one should know that it is not for the unprepared individual. This should be clear that being a landlord does not simply mean that you will be taking the rent and... More
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More