How to Deal with Lawn Damage from Moles
What You Don’t Know About Moles
There are approximately six specials of moles that exist in North America. The most common three types of moles found in your home are:
1. Eastern Mole
2. Star Nosed Mole
3. Hairy Tailed Mole
These moles are approximately six to eight inches long. They may not be as cute as the chipmunks from Disney but they are similar in size and only weight 3-6 ounces. Females can have a little of moles varied from 2 to 6 babies.
The average mole can dig 18 feet per hour through your yard and eat 50 pounds of food a year. They can move through existing tunnels at a rate of 80 feet a minute. They are known to consumer 60-80% of their own body weight a day.
7 Ways Moles Effect Your Home
1. Moles are known to run your lawn, turning it brown from detaching the roots of the grass.
2. The damage done to your lawn can decrease the curb appeal of your home and lower its value.
3. Your landscaping can get ruined by molehills of dirt that costs you money and time to repair those spots of your lawn.
4. The soil that is exposed by this mole hills increases the ability for weeds to take root and impact your lawn care.
5. A wet yard can make it easier for moles to move and provides them with a greater food source.
6. Since moles are active all year round, the damage your yard is caused can see no end until you deal with the infestation.
7. Who wants tunnels in their yard? These would continue to grow as moles dig increasing tunnels searching for worms and insects to eat.
When it comes to being a landlord, one should know that it is not for the unprepared individual. This should be clear that being a landlord does not simply mean that you will be taking the rent and... More
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More