DIY Air Conditioner Preventative Maintenance Tips
An average of $11 billion is spent by United States homeowners every year on air conditioning. That is a total of 100 million tons of carbon dioxide released as a result of air conditioning.
More than half of a homeowner’s bill goes towards cooling the home. To maintain costs and save money on air conditioning maintenance, here are some easy tips to follow.
1. Call in the professionals. Be sure to service your air conditioner yearly before the hot season starts.
2. Maintain air filters in the home. These should be checked and changed every month to two months. A clean filter can reduce energy use by 5-15%.
3. Clean your vents regularly. This will ensure that no obstructions are in the way so air can pass through easily. Remove branches, leaves, and debris from your outdoor unit.
4. Cover it up. Keep your outdoor air conditioner unit covered in the off season. This will keep dirt and debris out of the inner workings of the unit.
5 Ways to Save Money
1. Clean the coils – Dirty coils can increase your bill use by 30%.
2. Ensure Lubrication – Smooth running parts will minimize the wear and tear of your unit and reduce your monthly bill by 5%.
3. Program the thermostat correctly – This simple task along can help to save you $180 each year.
4. Raise the temperature – Setting the thermostat to be warmer when you are away from home can save 1% per degree.
5. Upgrade your system – New energy saving models is 10-14% more efficient than standard models.
When it comes to being a landlord, one should know that it is not for the unprepared individual. This should be clear that being a landlord does not simply mean that you will be taking the rent and... More
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More