Explanation of RCW 59.18
Tenants can also ask their landlords to sign and date the copy of their letter as for letter hand delivery. Moreover, in order to provide safety, you can ask a third party to witness your delivery of the letter or notice to your landlord. Document all agreements between your landlord and yourself and any commitments made by your landlords most especially payment arrangements. All agreements must be dated and signed by both you and your landlord. Landlords have their own duties and responsibilities both on their tenants and property. Stated below are some of the landlord duties.
1. Maintain the properties to comply substantially with any applicable statute, code, regulation or ordinance governing their maintenance or operation, which the legislative body endorsing those ordinances can enforce as to the properties rented if such condition impairs or endangers the safety or health of the tenant.
2. Provide reasonable programs for the control of infestation by rodents, insects and other pests at the initiation of the tenancy, except when such infestation is made by tenants.
3. Maintain the structural components including, but not limited to the walls, floors, fireplaces, chimneys, roods, foundations and all other structural components.
4. Provide adequate locks reasonably and furnish keys to the tenant.
5. Keep any common or shared areas reasonably sanitary, clean and safe from defects that can increase the hazards of accident and fire.
6. Safeguard and maintain with reasonable care any duplicate key or master key to the dwelling unit.
7. Maintain all plumbing, electrical, heating and other appliances and facilities supplied by her or him in reasonably good working order.
8. Provide adequate facility supply of water and heat and hot water as required by tenants.
9. Maintain and provide appropriate receptacles except in the case of a single family residence in typical places for the elimination of garbage, ashes and rubbish minor to the tenancy and dispose the ordinary and reasonable removal of such waste.
10. Dwelling unit should be maintained reasonably in weather tight condition.
11. Provide written notices to all tenants disclosing protection information and fire safety.
12. Provide tenants with information approved or provided by the health department about the hazards in relation to indoor mold.
These are just some of the Landlord-Tenant Act duties of landlords. This is just a brief view explaining the RCW 59.18.
When it comes to having a tenant for the first time, it can be pretty daunting because you are going to be the corresponding landlord and a new relationship will emerge, which will need time to grow... More
The landlord and tenant laws in California are literally the same as they are in any other state. These laws, rules and regulations are put into practice because they uphold an order, a discipline,... More
People are aware that there are different rulings in each state with reference to the landlord/tenant laws. The state of Illinois also has a set of laws. These rules and regulations are basically... More
All landlords know that before they can formally become a landlord there are a lot of things they need to understand. Landlords and tenants cannot act as such without any legal bodies involved. That... More
When entering into an agreement with a potential tenant, a landlord needs to fully understand the contract that binds them into the specific relationship of being a landlord and a tenant. Now that the... More
If you’re currently considering the option of offering one of your properties for rental purposes, you should first educate yourself about the landlord tenant relationship. For the first timers, it’s... More
Landlords have a lot on their plates, which is quite understandable. It may also be true that you, being a full functional landlord, have done your best but have missed something when it comes to your... More
Landlords have many things to think of; they have to deal with legal issues, privacy issues, and so much more. Above all, they sometimes need to deal with a problem tenant. The interesting thing is... More
Most landlords may have some idea what an Estoppel Certificate is. However, many aspiring landlords are still unaware of what this certificate is all about. Basically, a tenant Estoppel Certificate is... More