Property Management Marketing Ideas
It all begins with your ability to build relationships with people, whether that is prospective tenants or property owners. The best place to start that process is through social media. Facebook and Twitter are great for prospective tenants, while a presence on LinkedIn will get you in touch with a lot of property owners in your area. Be patient, let the trust build, and you'll get a quality brand in your community faster than you might think.
Get As Much Information As Possible
1. You've got to solve a problem for people in a specific way, which means you're going to need to find a niche that your community needs solved and isn't right now. Using surveys and just talking to people on the street over social media can help give you the information that you need.
Look For Sponsorship Opportunities
2. It's a world where backs need to be scratched first before you'll get any skin in the game, so look for strategic sponsorship opportunities that will increase your brand recognition and promote relationships. If several property owners have a softball team, consider sponsoring that team in some way. Create community events to help people network. Even sponsoring a local charitable event will attract attention for you.
3. To stand out, you must do something different than any other property management company in your community. Take a look at the marketing ideas that other agencies are using in your community and then design something that will be not only different than their methods, but better too.
Host Photo Opportunities
4. If the properties you do represent stand out in some way, then let them speak for themselves. Host a photo walk where people can take pictures, explore the properties, and maybe grab a free sandwich and a glass of lemonade. They'll have a good time and even if you don't get a rental lead, you'll create good brand recognition.
Create Partnerships With Local Employers
5. Many employers need assistance with employee relocation when they've secured a good new employee, so provide that help. Give a small discount to help encourage new employees with that agency to rent through your property management company and you'll have a sales funnel that will work passively on your behalf.
Host Live Broadcasts From Local Media
6. If you're really struggling to make a splash in your community, then sponsor a live broadcast from local radio or TV personalities. You'll get a lot of traffic headed your way because people will want to sign up for prizes or meet people and you'll gain a lot of exposure in return. This can be a bit expensive, but it could be the one thing you need to really kickstart your property management agency from the very start.
Many times, there are issues between a landlord and a tenant that need to be resolved but are failed to do so, because both parties have gone too far with their actions, and have retaliated in the... More
Where there is a landlord, there will also be a tenant, and it is no surprise that these two parties can only work together once there is some sort of agreement, contract or a binding deal in place.... More
Many landlords find it difficult to write and draft a lease agreement. Since every State has its own general template, it can also be difficult to make sure your lease agreement meets all the criteria... More
If you’re a landlord and want to manage your business in a better way, you should endeavor to get in touch with those industry experts who have the experience and the skills to help you do it. This is... More
When you talk about the most common disputes arising between landlords and tenants, nonpayment of rent has to be there in the list. People rent their properties to earn money, and when a tenant... More
If you have ever rented a living space and have had to move many times, you’d already know how difficult it is to find decent, affordable and secure living premises. A person has to deal with the same... More
Landlords across the state have the prime responsibility to make sure they inspect and up keep their property once they have rented it to the tenants. Inspections can occur monthly or yearly depending... More
Everyone knows that a landlord’s job is not easy. These folks have specific duties and responsibilities that they must perform in order to be fair. Being a landlord is not a position but it is, in... More
Asking for a security deposit is quite common in property dealings. The reason to ask for a security deposit is to have something that would help a property owner recover some of their financial... More