How to Remove Stains from Leather Furniture
Easy Ways to Remove Leather Stains Yourself
Leather not only adds a nice appeal into your home but can also pose difficulties with maintaining its care and luster. Here is a guide of 10 easy ways you can remove leather stains yourself and keep your couches looking like new.
1. Ink Stains
If your leather gets an ink stain you will only need alcohol, cotton balls, fabric bag, and a plain white cloth to remove.
• Place the alcohol on the cotton ball and rub it into the spot for a few seconds.
• Use pure alcohol without mixing water.
• The cotton ball is preferred so you can avoid any scratches to your leather.
2. Grease Stains
To remove grease you only need to grab some cornstarch, a dry rag, talcum powder, and a wet sponge.
• Immediate tackle the grease stain and soak it away with a dry rag.
• When the stain dries out completely, sprinkle with cornstarch.
• Use talcum powder as an alternative to cornstarch,
• After three to four hours, wipe with a wet sponge to remove.
3. Oil Stains
Grab a half cup of salt water, half teaspoon of white refined flour and a single tablespoon of baking soda to remove an oil stain.
• Use your salt solution by mixing 3/8 cups of distilled water with an eighth cup of pure sea salt.
• Mix all listed ingredients into a glass bowl until a white paste is formed.
• Dip a clean white cloth into the paste and apply to the stained area, leaving it to dry for 5 minutes.
• Use a plain wet rug to wipe it clean and remove the stain.
4. Chewing Gum Stains
Chewing gum stains have become quite common among children using leather furniture. Use ice cubes, a fabric bag, hair dryer, and plain white cloth to remove this stain.
• Rub the ice cube pack in the fabric bag over the spot.
• Wait until the gum hardens and pull off easily.
• If residuals are still found on the leather, use a hair dryer to heat the affected area and melt down the rest.
• Wipe clean with a plain white cloth.
5. Water Stains
A glass of water spilled on leather can cause damage to the material. Grab good quality leather clean on hand. Let the water continue to first soak into the leather fabric without attempting to rub it instantly. When dried, restore the shine and softness of the area and apply a good quality conditioner to clean and repair luster.
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
When you own a rental business and start it from scratch, you know how important it is for your business to reach the people it matters to most. How else would your business flourish and blossom? It... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More
Not all tenants are alike; some of them are good, others are from hell. That’s why one should know the right way to deal with bad tenants. They can be troublesome in the sense that they can damage... More