The Different Types of Chandeliers
How to Use Chandeliers in your Home
Chandeliers are most often or not something that is associated with the upper class, resembling a form of sophistication. However, chandeliers were originally used as a function way to provide indoor lighting. The earliest chandeliers can be found during the medieval times, created from candles and wooden crosses with spikes. These were hoisted up and secured with rope or chain.
The world’s largest Bohemian Crystal Chandelier can be found in Dolmabahce Palace located in Istanbul. Originally a gift from Queen Victoria, it weighs 4.5 tons and has 750 lamps. The Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Versailles has 17 large chandeliers and 26 small ones, made of solid silver and hosting 1,000 candles. If considering adding a chandelier into your own home, here is an outline to the different types and benefits of adorning your home with these functional, yet classy pieces.
Types of Chandeliers
• Crystal – These are commonly found located in Churches, Palaces, Luxury Hotels, Banquet Halls, or Luxury Ships. They are matched within a large setting.
• Glass – A good alternative to Crystal chandeliers and functional for small room settings.
• Metal – Less expensive than Crystal and Glass chandeliers and highly durable.
Benefits of Using Crystal Chandeliers
These beautiful pieces are known for adding elegance to your home. They accentuate the ceiling within your dining and living spaces. These fixtures are also known for being very durable, keeping in mind that Crystal does not fade easily over a period of time.
Chandeliers are also very easy to clean and maintain. You can also save on your utility bills be saving electricity as Crystals produce a brighter illumination from lesser light bulbs.
7 Steps to Cleaning a Crystal Chandelier
1. Dust the crystal chandelier.
2. Disassemble the crystals.
3. Make a diagram for the location of the crystals.
4. Take each crystal and wipe with damp chamois.
5. Use lukewarm water, small amounts of white vinegar and washing liquid to add shine and remove grime.
6. Dry the crystals right away to prevent smearing.
7. Wipe bulks when cool with dry material.
Tip to Buying Chandeliers
Before purchasing a chandelier, consider the following below factors.
• The correct height needed to avoid glare.
• Stick to a classic design style.
• The fixture should blend with the mood and style of surrounding wall sconces, furniture, wallpaper, and other décor.
• Choose the right light bulks for the wanted flicker.
• Consider the weight of the chandelier and what is needed to mount it.
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More
Not all tenants are alike; some of them are good, others are from hell. That’s why one should know the right way to deal with bad tenants. They can be troublesome in the sense that they can damage... More
Landlord Tips and Tricks for 2013 Landlord Tip #1 Your going to want to plan ahead for a rainy day when you have unexpected expenses that arise. Take the time to obtain a line of credit when cash flow... More