Ways to Prevent and Kill Bed Bugs
Bed Bug Statistics and Facts
Bed bugs are populated in all 50 states of the United States. Within a single bed bugs lifetime, they can lay 500 eggs. It takes only 5 minutes for a bed bug to drink blood before releasing it with the ability to live more than 12 months without eating.
Ways Bed Bugs Travel
Bed bugs have the ability to travel by the following ways.
1. Luggage and Backpacks – Within infested locations bed bugs can easily spread within luggage holds on planes.
2. Used Furniture and Carpets – Bed bugs and their eggs can hide within fibers of the carpeting and furniture of your home.
3. Public Transportation – Hiding within the upholstery of public transportation, they can spread within your purse and backpacks.
4. Clothing – Eggs can be hatched within used clothing and hide in warm clothing at an infested location.
5 Ways to Prevent Bed Bugs
1. Inspect hotel rooms – use a flashlight to inspect mattresses and linens.
2. Do not place clothing in hotel room dresser drawers
3. Steam clean used furniture.
4. Wash Clothing immediately after a hotel stay.
5. Use mattress encasement.
How to Combat Bed Bug Infestations
Follow these tips if you are currently combating a bed bug infestation.
1. Call a pest control professional to help.
2. Kill with high heat, drying clothes on high for 60 minutes.
3. Kill with steam. Perform slow steaming at 1 foot per every 15 seconds.
4. Kill with cold. Freeze the infested items for 2 weeks.
Becoming a landlord is a major deal and no one can simply get up and think, “well, yes I think I should be a landlord and rent out my flat.” If you are thinking that you would like to be a landlord,... More
Landlords and aspiring landlords, do not become as such, without guidance and advice. There is a lot that goes into being a landlord nowadays; in fact, there is so much to learn that it often confuses... More
Renting out an apartment or a house can become a constant revenue source for landlords, but at the same time, it gives rise to several problems. It is a fact that high standards, a strict lease... More
If you are currently thinking of becoming a landlord only because it helps you have a constant stream of income, you should think twice. It’s not that you should not consider offering your property... More
When it comes to paying taxes, most individuals have no idea that they may be paying so much without needing to do so. The same goes for landlords. Why should you or any other landlord be paying more... More
For a landlord, it is of immense importance to ensure that they only let a qualified tenant to move in. It is however every landlord’s nightmare when they get tenants from hell who make the tenancy... More
There are many terms and concepts used in the realms of landlording, and when it comes to learning everything in the property business, most aspiring property owners find them in trouble. Most... More
Not all tenants are alike; some of them are good, others are from hell. That’s why one should know the right way to deal with bad tenants. They can be troublesome in the sense that they can damage... More
Landlord Tips and Tricks for 2013 Landlord Tip #1 Your going to want to plan ahead for a rainy day when you have unexpected expenses that arise. Take the time to obtain a line of credit when cash flow... More