Background check

Can a landlord get a background check/credit report in Washington State?

Hi Louise. It sounds from your...

Hi Louise. It sounds from your question like you are in Australia, which unfortunately is out of our area of expertise. A couple of things to cosider however: do you have a written agreement with the agent that was managing the property? If so there may be something helpful in there for you in terms of assistance they are required to give and whether they can be liable for mismanagement. Secodnly, I would do some research regarding the safety provisions of your local tenant law. I would assume that your obligation to provide a  safe living environment refers to the property itself. Crime generally speaking is a neighborhood issue, not a property issue and there might help you in fighting the tenant's ability to vacate. Sorry I can't be of more help in your specific area. 

Please login or register to add your reply.

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

LandlordStation News

LandlordStation Blog