Council Tax

There is an exemption for a property let only to students. What about a void period before or after the student let, if previous or following tenants are not students? Then the 25% discount for single person occupancy. Can a landlord claim this for a void period? Or maybe where there is a single owner?

Good morning. It looks fromt h...

Good morning. It looks fromt he phrasing of your question that you are in the UK. Unfortunately that is well outside my area of knowledge. I think the best I can do is point you toƊ which seems to have a good amount of information on local housing and council tax issues. I will also repost this in another forum to see if anyone with UK experience will answer. Sorry I can be of more assistance.

Post Reply

Please login or register to add your reply.

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

LandlordStation News

LandlordStation Blog