Early Move Out

if theres no yearly or monthly contract and i move out can they charge me for moving out ealyr 

Question:  if there’s no yearl...

Question:  if there’s no yearly or monthly contract and i move out can they charge me for moving out early. Answer:  If you don't have a written Lease Agreement, then it is automatically a Month-to-Month Tenancy. This means you must give a 1 months notice that you will be moving and it must be in writing.

If they do not give a 30 writt...

If they do not give a 30 written or verbal notice, can they lose their security deposit?

In theory, yes. Failure to giv...

In theory, yes. Failure to give proper notice on a month to month lease is basically the same as extending the lease for another month. Assuming the deposit can be applied to missed payments, then moving out early can mean foregoing the security deposit. 

I see you've received some gre...

I see you've received some great answers already, but if you'd like some further information on this we do have an article that might expand on this a bit: http://www.landlordstation.com/info/notice-to-vacate.html

Please login or register to add your reply.

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

LandlordStation News

LandlordStation Blog