Stubborn potential tenant

I'm a first-time landlord and I found a potential tenant for my rental unit.  I sent them the application, but they're reluctant to send me their confidential information since they don't know me.  I guess that's understandable.  I was planning on ordering the tenant screening through this website.  I guess my question is if I order the report through landlord station, and I saw that the website emails the potential tenants to get their concurrence to release that information, do I still see that confidential info when the report is generated, like their social security numbers, etc?  Or is that info still hidden?

Hi Sherry. Unforunately this i...

Hi Sherry. Unforunately this is pretty diffucult to do. As far as I know a full credit report is not available without an SSN. However, you should be able to run a criminal and/or eviction check because those records are kept by name and DOB, not by SSN, and you don't have to be a US citizen to commit a crime or get evicted. Depending on how many background checks you are running, you should be able to find a service that will let you run criminal only. I am happy to point you in the right direction if you let me know how many units/reports you are talking about.

Please login or register to add your reply.

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

LandlordStation News

LandlordStation Blog