Upstairs Noise Caused by Baby Dropping Toys

My management company has been working with my tenants to address early morning noise caused by their child dropping toys on the floor during the 6 to 8:30AM hours. Unfortunately, the tenants below continue to be awaken early in the morning.

We've made sure the offending tenant has covered their floor area as required by DC law. They meet the requirement although the area they cover areas that have no sound impact such as the run beneath the large coffee table.

My last resort is writing as the owner to the tenants asking for their help while offering some ideas to mitigate the noise. My concern is if I lose the tenants who are being impacted, I will have a hard time renting the unit until the offenders move out.

Are there other things I can do and/or push forward as the landlord/owner to correct the noise issue?

Please login or register to add your reply.

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

LandlordStation News

LandlordStation Blog