Needy Tenants

Does anyone have a suggestion on what the best way to handle a needy tenant is? I'm talking about calls at all hours of the night (even with set hours), panicked voice mails if I don't answer, and more. It seems to come in waves, but lately it's been that she smells gas. I've been over there, I've called the city on it... There's nothing wrong. No one else smells gas, just her. This is just the next in a long line of complaints. I obviously can't just ignore her, because what if something really does happen at some point, but I'm at a loss as to how to handle it.

It is hard to say exactly wht ...

It is hard to say exactly wht to do in this situation, as you said the moment you dont check out hte complaint and something happens you could be in trouble.  But what you can do (and this sounds harsh) is evict her after the lease is up.

Please login or register to add your reply.

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

LandlordStation News

LandlordStation Blog