NH Officials: Landlord Thawing Pipes Starts Fire

A New Hampshire landlord used a propane torch to attempt to thaw the frozen pipes of his two-family house, causing a fire that began in the walls and forced the five tenants and two dogs from the 100 year old home to save their lives. Firefighters had to pull pieces of the wall away just to extinguish the fire. The damage was so severe that the utilities had to be shut off and the house was deemed uninhabitable. The American Red Cross is helping those without a place to go to find one.

Read More ...

POSTED January 06 2014 1:48 PM

Tenant Screening

Comprehensive credit & criminal screening.
Get access to bankruptcies, employment history, medical records, past addresses, evictions and more.

View Pricing & Get Started

Legal Forms

State-specific legal forms.
Lease agreements, rental applications, lease termination, eviction forms and much more.

Browse Our Legal Forms

Membership Pricing

Our paid membership plans now include free tenant screenings! Greater access to all of our features and the membership pays for itself!

View Pricing & Get Started

Landlord Tenant Laws
top 100 landlords